WHAT WE DO:
SmartGateVC is an early stage investor in deep tech and science-driven startups across Armenia, wider Eastern Europe, and California. Apart from the fund, we are operating 2 technology hubs - Hero Houses in Yerevan, AM, and Glendale, CA where we host entrepreneurs and engineers, run startup growth programs and act as a catalyst for technology, science, entrepreneurship, and capital.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
We are looking for highly driven candidates with an interest in technology, science, startups, and a little extra grit and hustle to be able to master the skills and knowledge necessary for career progression in the field. You will:
- Assist the program team with the design, implementation, and adaptation of startup programs;
- Plan and execute logistics needed to carry out programs, including coordinating and scheduling of one-on-one meetings with mentors, setting up online and on-site events, providing timely and friendly communication with program stakeholders and partners;
- Assist with the sourcing of deep tech companies from Eastern Europe and Southern California;
- Assist the partners and investment team in the deal-flow processes;
- Work with the team on analysis of potential investment cases;
- Conduct related market-, industry- and technology deep-dives;
- Write pre-investment and investment memos;
- Work with SmartGateVC portfolio and pipeline companies;
- Work with partner organizations from the U.S. and Europe;
- Help with ongoing ecosystem building activities.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE:
- At SmartGateVC, we bet our growth on each and every team member’s individual growth and thus we are looking for exceptional superstars to join our journey. We highly value:
- Passion for growth in a high-pressure and challenging environment;
- Culture of exceptionalism, common sense, integrity, openness, hard work, and fun;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Ability to handle multiple time zones;
- Problem-solving attitude, neatly organized with a keen eye for aesthetics and details;
- Team player personality – energetic, communicative, and approachable.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Growing skillset to evaluate investment opportunities across early-stage deep tech and science-driven startups.
- Ability to source early-stage deep tech startups and support their expansion in US markets through customer development, GTM, fundraising strategy, introductions to subject matter experts, customers, investors, and other areas of interest.
- Exponential growth potential in a VC ladder with flexible core focus areas (industry, expertise, etc.).
- Network of high-profile people in VC, tech, business, entrepreneurship, and science from Armenia, US, and others.
- Integration into the local and US venture capital and startup ecosystem, open access to Hero House’s network of exceptional founders and subject matter experts.
- Project management expertise while managing/assisting Hero House startup programs in Armenia and Southern California.