On May 30, 2017 SmartGateVC in partnership with the Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) and within the framework of the EU4Business&Innovation initiated Unleash the Future event hosting more than 200 representatives of tech, science and entrepreneurship community.
The event became a communication platform between generations of Armenian entrepreneurs and scientists.
The key messages of the keynote speakers were:
1. Armenia has unique opportunity to get knowledge not only from US AI school, but also attract talent from Russia, Ukraine & Belarus. Armenia should prepare itself to the AI-first wave of new tech companies.
2. Armenian hardware is already targeting 5G communications, working with oil/gas and car manufacturers in Russian/Eurasian markets and the system engineering is going to be the main skill.
3. Huge growth of IoT devices boosts cybersecurity issues, merge of physical and cyber worlds makes cyber security very crucial.
4. If we start funding research it should be cutting edge, long term, and widely open-source.
5. Education is in crisis globally. Global network brings global effort: Armenia may turn into a global educational hub
We are very excited and looking forward to the game-changing developments that are ahead. Together we - the bright community of scientists and tech entrepreneurs - are capable of greatness!