SmartGateVC is an early stage investor in deep tech and science-driven startups across Armenia, wider Eastern Europe, and California. Apart from the fund, we are operating 2 technology hubs - Hero Houses in Yerevan, AM, and Glendale, CA where we host entrepreneurs and engineers, run startup growth programs and act as a catalyst for technology, science, entrepreneurship, and capital.
What you will do:
We are looking for a team-spirited and skilled PR and marketing specialist with curiosity and interest in the startup world. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insights, we’d like to meet you. You will work on:
- Development, planning and implementation of the company’s digital marketing strategies;
- Ensuring the high level visibility and proper placement of SmartGateVC initiatives, enhance the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels;
- Working on the promotion and placement of the company's tech weeks, conferences and tech meetups in the U.S., by developing and executing strategies to reach relevant stakeholders and secure media coverage in prominent publications.
- Supporting startups in implementation of PR and Marketing strategies and media featuring;
- Preparation of articles and building relationships with international journalists.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Curiosity to explore new topics and understand angles for communicating those to the audience;
- Passion for growth in a high-pressure and challenging environment;
- Culture of exceptionalism, common sense, integrity, openness, hard work and fun;
- Team player personality – energetic, communicative, and approachable.
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Excellent writing skills - grammar, punctuation, styles;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines;
- Prior experience in Marketing, Journalism, Communication or related field is an advantage.
What's in it for you:
- Network of high-profile people in VC, tech, business, entrepreneurship, science and media from Armenia, US, and others;
- Integration into the local and US venture capital and startup ecosystem, open access to Hero House’s network of exceptional founders and subject matter experts;
- Opportunity to work with mentors from our network of 100+ business experts, get mentorship in tech PR and Marketing sphere from top field professionals;
- First-hand exposure to the hottest news in the local tech scene and having the opportunity to do coverage on those;
- Opportunity to build a personal brand of a tech-savvy journalist and opinion leader.